How deep has this casting couch culture infected the ivory towers Hollywood?
And just how many men and women have found themselves in the webs of these serial sexual predators?
The list of A-list celebrity actresses is astounding and is sure to change the once glamorous façade of Hollywood forever.
Here are some of Weinstein’s victims and their stories:
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Angelina Jolie
- Mira Sorvino
- Kate Beckinsale stated “He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed.”
- Heather Graham claimed “There was no explicit mention that to star in one of those films I had to sleep with him, but the subtext was there.” Upon avoiding his invitations to private gatherings, Graham revealed she was “never hired for one of his films, and I didn’t speak up about my experience.”
- Cara Delevingne
- Léa Seydoux
- Ashley Judd
- Lucia Evans
- Asia Argento stated Weinstein solicited a massage then forced her to perform oral sex, she continued.“I was not willing, “I said, ‘No, no, no.”
- Ambra Battilana Gutierrez
- Rosanna Arquette
- Emily Nestor
- Emma de Caunes
- Jessica Barth
- Tomi-Ann Roberts
- Katherine Kendall
- Judith Godreche Claimed that he began “pressing against me and pulling off my sweater.” She managed to escape and professed that he intimidated her into silence.
- Dawn Dunning
- Louisette Geiss
- Laura Madden
- Zelda Perkins
- Romola Garai “So I had to go to his hotel room in the Savoy, and he answered the door in his bathrobe,” she claimed. “I was only 18. I felt violated by it, it has stayed very clearly in my memory.”
- Sarah Ann Masse
- Liza Campbell
- Zoë Brock
- Lauren Sivan “He said, ‘Just stand there and be quiet,” Sivan alleged. “And that’s when he exposed himself and began masturbating, and I just stood there in shock and watched until he eventually ejaculated into a potted plant.”
According to a statement from Weinstein’s spokesperson, “Mr. Weinstein has further confirmed that there were never any acts of retaliation against any women for refusing his advances. Mr. Weinstein obviously can’t speak to anonymous allegations, but with respect to any women who have made allegations on the record, Mr. Weinstein believes that all of these relationships were consensual.”
While the public controversy currently centers around Weinstein’s sexual abuse of power over young women, the question remains – how young were Weinstein’s victims?
Former child actor Corey Feldman has publicly stated that, “I was molested and passed around,” while discussing how in Hollywood adult males in the industry would pass young stars “back and forth to each other.” Feldman revealed that his co-star Corey Haim was raped at 11-years-old.
Actor Elijah Wood confirmed Feldman’s claims in May 2016, describing Hollywood as a den of “vipers” in an interview, and saying “If you can imagine it, it’s probably happened.”
Wood said he was protected from abuse by his mother, who didn’t let him go to Hollywood parties, but he said other young child actors were regularly “preyed upon” by those in power.
Wood also compared Hollywood’s sexual predators with known pedophile and English TV personality Jimmy Savile.“You all grew up with Savile,” Wood said. “Jesus, it must have been devastating. Clearly something major was going on in Hollywood. It was all organized.”
X-Men director Bryan Singer is among those publicly accused of sexual abuse of young boys in Hollywood.
Was Weinstein one of the men Elijah Wood says is sexually “preying upon” young children in Hollywood? Is Weinstein one of the men Feldman says would pass young stars around?
The questions must be asked when an apparent industry of pedophilia and sexual abuse has been in the open and yet kept secret for decades.