Australian troops being readied for possible deployment into Syria and Iran

Editor’s note: if war starts with Syria it will be another act of aggression based on lies like Iraq was and will only benefit the elite who profit from these wars as innocent people die. We already know that for over 2 years many NATO nations such as the US, UK and France have been funding, arming and training al qaeda in the region and sending them in to destabilise the Syrian government. See the links at the bottom of this article for further information.

Defence Minister David Johnston

Australia’s new Defence Minister, David Johnston, says he wants to keep the military battle-ready for further possible conflicts in the unstable Middle East and south Asia.

Senator Johnston said that after 14 years of involvement in overseas conflicts from East Timor to Afghanistan, the Australian Defence Force had a strong fighting momentum that should not be lost as troops return from Afghanistan.

In an interview with Fairfax Media, he said he plans to maintain and ”augment our readiness” for future fights, which will most likely be in the unstable region stretching from Pakistan to the Levant, including even fresh trouble in Afghanistan.

”It will be Pakistan across to Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan. That’s the area where there will be instability and that’s the area that we might need to go back into at some point in the future.

”I can’t foresee that right now, but … if you were to look at where the next area of instability is likely to be – and we’re seeing it unfolding in Syria today – a contribution from Australia is most likely to be in that part of the world in the future. I think Pakistan is also highly problematic.”

The West Australian Senator (pictured), a former justice and customs minister in the Howard government and Tony Abbott’s defence spokesman, stressed he did not see Australians fighting in Syria.

He said he was not preparing for any particular conflict ”in an alarmist sense” but was determined to build on the knowledge and skills the Australian Defence Force had gained running counterinsurgency operations in Afghanistan. That included exposure to enemy tactics such as the use of improvised explosive devices and fighting in urban areas among a civilian population ”against a very, very resourceful and callous enemy.

These are experiences that we’ve lived and breathed for 10 years and we’ve become quite expert in those things. And we’ve got to make sure those lessons are passed on to our soldiers in the future.

”Operationally, we’re starting to come down [in Afghanistan], so we’ve got to maintain some interest for the troops. They’ve got to keep training, got to keep a level of readiness.”

The bulk of Australian troops are set to withdraw from Afghanistan by the end of the year. However, in a reminder of the continuing danger, three special forces soldiers were wounded last week in a battle with insurgents.

A Defence statement issued on Friday said the three elite soldiers had received ”minor fragmentation wounds” while helping Afghan forces fight off insurgents.

Senator Johnston’s remarks come amid a continuing international standoff over the response to Syria’s suspected use of chemical weapons.

Proof these illegal wars were planned many years ago:

[youtube height=”400″ width=”550″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw[/youtube]

 

SEE ALSO: 
– 75% of US military oppose strikes on Syria
– Exposed: Planned false flag attack on Israel to blame Syria
– 12 reasons not to attack Syria
– Brzezinski admits alternative media stalling war with Syria
– CIA fabricated evidence to lure US into war with Syria
– US and NATO backed rebels admit responsibility for chemical attack in Syria
– Nuclear warheads being secretly transferred in US for possible false flag or WW3 scenario
– ‘Expert’ US analyst on Syria cited by McCain and Kerry fired for being a complete fraud
– Assad: “Syria will never become a western puppet state” (full interview)

– False Flag: NATO designed mortar used in attack blamed on Syria

Source: http://www.theage.com.au/national/australias-defence-forces-to-be-maintained-at-battleready-status-20130920-2u5he.html

[fbcomments]